Scarves that don't go limp

(12 Posts)
EarlyInTheMorning Sun 03-Feb-13 19:51:00

I wear scarves every single day because I feel my outfit is incomplete without them, particularly as I hardly wear any other accessories at all. Most of them look good as soon as I put them on but after a short while they look all limp and flat. Where can I get long lush scarves that actually stay looking fluffy all day?

Glossynotflossy Sun 03-Feb-13 20:21:47

Tk maxx is worth a look.

EarlyInTheMorning Sun 03-Feb-13 20:34:02

Sure but any particular brands, designers, materials?

Hopefully Sun 03-Feb-13 21:16:31

Cashmere is a good one for not going floppy - cashmere/silk mix for less hot scarves. I love the Chan Luu ones, but they are £££. Available cheaper on eBay from the US though.

EarlyInTheMorning Mon 04-Feb-13 12:37:12

bumpy

dabdab Mon 04-Feb-13 13:34:42

Yes, I am sure it is to do with the materials, as well as how wide the actual scarf is. Silk, viscose and polyester all tend to go a bit floppy, as does jersey and thin cotton. I find that scarves with a slightly rougher weave stand up to a bit more, and also if they are wider there is more to them.

EarlyInTheMorning Tue 05-Feb-13 19:05:41

Come on ladies, I have a little money to burn...

wifeofdoom Tue 05-Feb-13 19:28:23

Sorry doesn't help you spend money, but I find mine go a bit limp if I wash them wiith fabric conditioner. Without they are much better!

notMarlene Tue 05-Feb-13 20:53:51

Is laundry starch still available over there? A wee bit of that might help with your existing scarves. And, yes, certainly no fabric softener.

How much money are you wanting to burn? This is lovely

EarlyInTheMorning Tue 05-Feb-13 20:58:04

Stunning!!
Only looking to burn £50 though... blush

notMarlene Tue 05-Feb-13 21:03:02

these are over budget but bargainous none the less. Will look for a better price...

here
here
[[

notMarlene Tue 05-Feb-13 21:09:40

Ah, lost a couple from that post. Damn trackpad. Probably no bad thing though wink

in budget
here
here
here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now