Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does anyone know of any single blokes in their 40's?

(339 Posts)
katkitya Fri 17-Jun-11 23:56:23

Cos me and my mates are sick of staying in gossiping and drinking wine on a Friday night. Why does there seem to be more single women then men?? smile

gawdonbennett Sat 18-Jun-11 00:13:27

Well without making myself sound like that doggie in the window pleading pick me...me...me

But I'm a single bloke in his forties and it just so 'appens I'm looking for a bird. :-)

SingOut Sat 18-Jun-11 00:26:10

Hey, MN is the perfect place for you to meet said bird, gawdon. Why, they can do a search on your post history to see if you're right for them! Better than a dating site.

katkitya Sat 18-Jun-11 00:32:55

I just thought some of you might havehad lonesome brothers or dh's mates that you would like to get rid off! It's so bloody hard!! I dont know where you have to go to these days

DooinMeCleanin Sat 18-Jun-11 00:34:49

I have DH, but I don't think you'd want him? I am willing to throw in a free bottle of Vodka if you take him grin

katkitya Sat 18-Jun-11 00:52:51

Oh no, we need someone who has amicably divorced and preferably doesn't want anymore children!!

Lizzabadger Sat 18-Jun-11 02:59:07

Thing is that men in their forties usually want women in their twenties...

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Sat 18-Jun-11 03:48:19

Gawdon, you're in the wrong place.

Try a pet shop.

totallylost Sat 18-Jun-11 03:59:21

I am just home from night out, ageing 43 year old and a 21 year old thought I was 27!!! How pissed was he? lol

Stangirl Sat 18-Jun-11 05:40:36

I've got a mate in his 40s and he needs to find a nice woman. He won't go on dating sites and all his mates are in relationships (often with small children) and so he doesn't get to go out on the piss much with them. He likes clever, independent women - preferably quite gobby - his only physical type preference is probably big boobs but he doesn't really care. He just likes women with opinions and interests eg art films, obscure punk music. He is great with kids and would love to be a Dad. Any good for you?

MuthaHubbard Sat 18-Jun-11 07:42:34

know what you mean katkitya!! though i am enjoying being single at the mo it would be nice to flirt and snog etc....

gawdon......how you doin? <in a joey from friends styleee>

Reality Sat 18-Jun-11 07:44:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stoptheclocks Sat 18-Jun-11 08:06:25

I know a single man In his forties.

Popular, nice person, funny, own house, car, good job. But he has his children a lot of the time (more than 50%) and this seems to put women off.

Is this a big deal?

MuthaHubbard Sat 18-Jun-11 08:19:52

personally a guy having his children a fair bit wouldn't put me off....obv i would have mine most of the time anyway. as long as there is time for you to spend alone together to get to know each other etc to start with - even if it takes a little arranging. eventually (and i'm talking after 6 months or more) then it would get a little easier as kids/man would meet etc......

it would put me off more if a guy didn't see his children at al

BelleDameSansMerci Sat 18-Jun-11 08:23:42

Wow - MN Dating. Now that would be a worthwhile internet dating site. We could post "recommendations" about men we know!

I tend to go for the younger man blush but I know a lovely, lovely man who's just turned 50. Is he out of the running? He's a multi-millionaire, if that helps!

ShirleyKnot Sat 18-Jun-11 08:27:53

Reality.

He is MINE.

ShirleyKnot Sat 18-Jun-11 08:28:20

Belle

He is MINE

thumbwitch Sat 18-Jun-11 08:31:17

My brother is single in his 40s. He also has his DC 50% of the time (which is good) but unless you like pigheaded men who always think they're right and go on and on and on and ON like a scratched record until you give in, you don't want to go there.

strawberryjelly Sat 18-Jun-11 08:33:24

yes. my brother. 47. never married. nokids. own house own car own teeth. some hair.

strawberryjelly Sat 18-Jun-11 08:35:26

oh BTW he adamant, 100% , does not want a woman with children. Feels too old to take on anyone's baggage as he thinks of it and be a step dad or 1st time father at his age. Limits his options but that's how he feels.

BelleDameSansMerci Sat 18-Jun-11 08:37:47

strawberry grin at "some hair2!

Shirley could roadtest selected models. Sort of like an MN Jeremy Clarkson... grin

MuthaHubbard Sat 18-Jun-11 08:41:07

grin at road testing.......this is the future!! Shirley could road test and then decided which single MNer he is most suitable for a la cool wall

ShirleyKnot Sat 18-Jun-11 08:46:47

<dangerously quiet>

Did I just get compared to Jeremy Clarkson?

I've never been so insulted.

ShowOfHands Sat 18-Jun-11 08:54:56

There's a chap in our town. He looks quite cheap to run. Doesn't often wear a top even and he brings his own Special Brew. He's friendly too. True, he's on transmit rather than receive most of the time but I figure it's less work that way.

I'd offer dh to you all but he's only 29 and perpetually broody.

MumblingRagDoll Sat 18-Jun-11 09:01:37

I know 2! One of them is very well educated, funny and odd....but has a broken heart. The other is a phillanderer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now