Had such a fright

(16 Posts)
Geekster Thu 13-Dec-12 21:19:52

Was running dd's bath and got distracted as hot tap not working properly. I turned round and just literally grabbed hold of her jumper at the last second other wise she would have been head first down the stairs. It made me feel sick and shaky. I won't make that mistake again.

SquidgersMummy Thu 13-Dec-12 23:03:35

Just sending a hug - could have been any of us x

Saltytomato Fri 14-Dec-12 15:40:46

You poor thing. My husband fell down the stairs when he was a baby, but he is so thick skulled it didn't hurt him! Hugs.

Clumsasaurus Fri 14-Dec-12 21:13:39

My boss dropped her DD in her head as a baby... Now she's a lawyer!

Go easy on yourself and... Good catch!

PandaNot Fri 14-Dec-12 21:17:26

Good job catching her, I didn't catch my dd and she fell head over heels down the stairs once. She was fine but I was literally sick about it and still feel ill now when she's near the top of the stairs and she's five now!

Have a wine

InkleWinkle Fri 14-Dec-12 21:20:00

Could have been any of us. (or me anyway)
All's well that ends well as they say, try not to dwell on it.

Geekster Sat 15-Dec-12 14:50:39

Thank you all. Feel better now and I'm sure it won't be the last time she gives me a fright.

MySonIsMyWorld Sat 15-Dec-12 23:46:15

Good catch your not the first and deffo wont be the last!

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 16-Dec-12 16:20:09

Been there! Welcome to the club. Was less lucky with the changing table blush

Geekster Sun 16-Dec-12 16:28:12

She did manage to bang her head on the coffee table this morning and has got a big lump and a bruise, I think she will end up with a black eye. I think I felt worse about it than she did. Needless to say we now have a safety gate installed at the top of the stairs.

lljkk Sun 16-Dec-12 16:29:15

We've all had those moments.

BluelightsAndSirens Sun 16-Dec-12 16:34:15

Poor DH let go of DDs pushchair and dropped her down a flight of marble steps in a hotel.

And the first day back at work after maternity leave DD fell down the stairs, DH completley panicked and dialled 999 (he thought she was fitting but she was just in shock) guess who picked up that 999 call? grin

Have some wine and welcome to the club.

Suzieismyname Sun 16-Dec-12 16:41:36

had a similar experience with DD2 when she was about 9 months. Fortunately she was only crawling rather than toddling so she slid down on her tummy rather than tumble down. We always double check the stairgate about 5 times now.

lljkk Sun 16-Dec-12 17:53:13

I rolled off the back car seat head first onto concrete when I was 6 months old. My dad felt ever so guilty.

I'm fine, really. <<Twitch, Twitch>> wink

My (6ft6) Uncle was throwing ans catching me when I was a baby, and... Yes, he got a bit carried away and bounced me off the ceiling... I'm fine smile and its good teasing material!

FobblyWoof Sun 16-Dec-12 20:58:35

My stomach flipped just read your post OP, but it's so easily done and well done you for catching

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now