David Miliband Steps Down

(15 Posts)
FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 26-Mar-13 21:09:48

Here

Should we read anything into this on his opinion of the current Labour Party?

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 26-Mar-13 21:10:25

Bugger, spelling fail blush

Lotkinsgonecurly Tue 26-Mar-13 21:12:51

Such a shame, I really wanted him to be leader. He'd make a great pm if only he could hang on in there.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 26-Mar-13 21:13:18

Looks like he's leaving politics altogether.

Chipstick10 Tue 26-Mar-13 21:15:11

What his creepy brother did to him was treacherous. Horrible little creep,and only where he is because of the trade unions.

Lotkinsgonecurly Tue 26-Mar-13 21:16:11

It does, I think he disillusioned with how things are and its more what he's not saying rather than what he is. He has always struck me as loyal labour supporter so is removing himself completely from the limelight.

Lotkinsgonecurly Tue 26-Mar-13 21:16:38

Itoo think his brother is a creep.

Oh it's the brother I thought for a second there mr penguin had fallen on his sword.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 27-Mar-13 11:15:15

International Rescue? Obviously 'Brains' decided to leave and then needed a replacement... 5.... 4... .3... 2.... 1..... Millibands are go!

BlissfullyIgnorant Wed 27-Mar-13 11:23:27

Yeah. Well done Ed. You finally stepped out of the last vestiges of the shadow of your better looking, better presented and more considerate brother. You vile man.

MiniTheMinx Wed 27-Mar-13 11:37:33

I'm rather glad he has gone, one duplicitous double speaking Blairite down, more to go. Hopefully the Labour party will go onto purge itself of more new labour types.

flatpackhamster Wed 27-Mar-13 12:24:35

Most of them have gone now. The Labour party is now firmly in the hands of Ed Balls and the Unions.

A marriage made in heaven. Roll on the 2015 election.

What disappointing news.
I'm a big fan of his and think the party will be much poorer without him. He's ferociously initelligent and a fantastic politician. Should've won the leadership race.
sad

newgirl Wed 27-Mar-13 12:32:38

What a shame - he should have been leader

Disappointed thats hes gone but pleased for him as he was shafted by his brother and the unions, I think the Labour Party missed out with him, but I hope hes sucessful in America.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now