Tell me what things you've given up while ttc?

(15 Posts)
RaspberrysAndIcecream Tue 11-Dec-12 15:14:18

Just as the subject says really! grin

I'll start!

I don't really drink, but haven't had a drop of alcohol since beginning of December last year.

I gave up drinking red bull at the same time.

This morning I considered switching to decaff tea, AF started this morning and I'm getting rather impatient waiting for a BFP!!

What have u given up?

EuroShagmore Tue 11-Dec-12 15:22:40

Currently nothing.

In the past, variously caffeine, alcohol, wheat. None of them helped so now I am back to eating and drinking what I like (although I tend to have a fairly healthy diet anyway).

HettySunshine Tue 11-Dec-12 16:03:48

I haven't been ttc for very long but I have given up alcohol completely. I'm also steering away from raw fish and unpasteurised cheese (except during my period).

Probably being way over cautious but I like feeling like i am doing everything I can to make my womb a nice, inviting comfy-looking place! grin

highlove Tue 11-Dec-12 16:26:00

My sanity smile

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Tue 11-Dec-12 16:32:15

I gave up sanity... Rather rapidly. Then hope and any semblance o normality!

I didn't give up anything else as dont really drink never smoked etc

RaspberrysAndIcecream Tue 11-Dec-12 19:42:36

Oh sanity - I'd forgotten about my sanity - probably coz it's been so long since I had any ..... blush grin

bugoven Tue 11-Dec-12 20:36:12

I have given up smoking, free climbing, mountain biking. Over a year later think I might take up the hobbies again (definitely not the smoking) though as they kept me fit and reckon that would up my chances of a 2013 baby smile

twinklestar2 Tue 11-Dec-12 23:14:32

Dieting!!!! Thought I'd get fat anyway but 16 months later I'm still not pregnant!

Various things I've given up over the course of ttc:

Non-organic food
Exercise
Caffeine
Sweetener

Doing what I want for the rest of the year now and going tee total, giving up my occasional cigarette and going back to diet and exercise 1st Jan.

literaryone Wed 12-Dec-12 07:20:03

Giving up:

Coffee (not that I drink it much, so this is not hard)
Alcohol (ditto)
Unnecessary sugar (so trying to keep it to sweet stuff maybe once a week max)

I don't see these as really helping me TTC, but on the off-chance I get up the duff, it's nice to know I haven't been giving the baby a sugar rush! grin

GeordieCherry Wed 12-Dec-12 07:27:28

Ate up to 10 fruit & veg a day
Went gentle on exercise during last 2 weeks of cycle
Had 1 glass of wine Friday, Saturday, Sunday during last 2 weeks
During AF: drank like a fish, did loads of spinning & circuit training & ate what I wanted!
Took up fortnightly acupuncture
Weaned myself off rare steak shock

Charlotte321 Wed 12-Dec-12 21:24:48

Snap with the sanity. In the past year I've tried to cut down on alcohol and haven't had any cigarettes when out and drinking (used to have the odd one or two). It's more what I've taken up though:

Organic food
Vitamin B supplement
Royal jelly
Spirulina (algae - so swamp water basically!)
Flaxseed
Shed loads of veg
Acupuncture
Reflexology
Obsessive googling

And am about to start clomid. Surely something has to work soon!

ginmakesitallok Wed 12-Dec-12 21:25:50

Contraception. That's about it

Charlotte321 Wed 12-Dec-12 21:25:58

On and I'm on a low GI diet most of the time. Tried to run every morning, that lasted two days. So need to try exercise again! (have PCOS)

ScarlettsPlantHasTinselHoHoHo Thu 13-Dec-12 16:46:02

Ummm, caffeine, ibuprofen, drinking-ish during the week anyway and latterly [with cycle 24 and one abandoned IVF under my belt] a big chunk of hope.

Oh I have added something in - after a lifetime of waist watching and only drinking skimmed milk I've gone back to semi-skimmed for the protein [for me eggs y'know] as advised by my Acu during IVF.

I worked out recently I've been TTC longer than an elephants gestation period <steps away from google blush >

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Fri 14-Dec-12 00:55:19

Given up, not completely, but cut down to negligible levels (think a couple of glugs every few weeks): diet coke and alcohol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now