PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Wordpress: to customise or no?

(4 Posts)
Sixtiesmax Thu 24-Jan-13 16:16:53

Hello

I'm new to Mnet and blogging. But need a helping hand with wordpress. I've figured out 'infinite scroll' which sounds to me like it should be a spa treatment but can anyone recommend a good FREE design in wordpress? And if you have customised, was it worth it and how much did you shell out? I am struggling with design and colour limitations, as you can see
wallpaperwoman.wordpress.com

Many thanks.

MmeLindor Thu 24-Jan-13 23:36:52

Not free, but I searched themeforest for hours and paid a small amount for a theme. I have now used the theme on several websites, and they all look quite different.

SaltandCaramel is my personal blog

Jump! Mag is a preteen eZine

It was definitely worth paying the money for it. The only thing I regret is not going for a template that included a mobile theme.

Sixtiesmax Fri 25-Jan-13 00:06:18

Thanks for help. <Waves>. Good point about Mobile. I have WP app but it's not great on iPhone so that's something to think about for future. It's pretty time consuming finding way around WP so tips much appreciated.

Sixtiesmax Fri 25-Jan-13 00:07:11

PS: Money talks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now