Mumsnet Phone App for Android - worrying!

(5 Posts)
milkyman Sun 09-Dec-12 17:50:05

Hello - I discovered the Mumsnet phone app a few weeks ago (I have a 6 week old baby) and my baby loves the nursery rhymes and white noise. I have used these to help him calm down and get to sleep. The white noise has an instant effect. I am now worrying though that I shouldn't really expose a baby to the mobile phone?

Nigglenaggle Sun 09-Dec-12 21:34:25

The research on children probably has not been done. But recent analysis has shown that mobile appear to not be affecting our rates of brain cancer and the like. If it is going to gnaw at you though stop doing it and find a white noise cd. You will not have done any harm using it on one or two occassions.

PerchanceToDream Sun 09-Dec-12 21:40:55

We don't really know the dangers, do we and I just think while their fontanelles are still there, there might well be a higher risk than with a fully formed adult skull. But I'm no scientist, obvs.

milkyman Mon 10-Dec-12 20:00:34

Thanks - yes, I stopped using it a few days ago. I only used it over a few weeks and not close to his head for too long so I'm sure it's OK. I guess if there was any long term affects it would have to be for a considerable amount of time?

BrainGoneAwol Wed 12-Dec-12 04:25:58

I was wondering about this too and after some messing on google research, I came to the conclusion that it's making calls that mainly involves radio waves, not using the phone per se.

Maybe turn it onto airplane mode/no calls when you use it near ds? Then it simply becomes an audio device.

Obviously, just my thoughts, I'm definitely no expert in physics hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now