Iris Honor or Honor Iris

(21 Posts)
LunaCats Wed 26-Dec-12 10:15:55

Any opinions on this name, I think it's the final choice for DD.

Does Honor Iris sound a bit like 'Irish Honour' - DH thought of that and it's now playing on my mind a bit.

Thanks.

Mumlar Wed 26-Dec-12 10:18:20

I think Iris Honor sounds lovely. I am a bit biased as I have an Honor, we get loads of comments about what a beautiful name it is. smile

LunaCats Wed 26-Dec-12 10:24:59

It is a lovely name Mumlar.

I've checked national statistics and Iris is #147 and Honor #449 so quite a big jump in terms of popularity. Both names i think will be on the rise in the next few years though!

HeffalumpsAndWoozles Wed 26-Dec-12 10:32:38

Honor Iris flows muchbetter, and as your DH said Iris Honor does make me think "Irish honour".

Beautiful names smile

ManicMuppetMania Wed 26-Dec-12 11:54:35

Iris Honour does sound like Irish Honor and I don't like Honor it has a harsh ugly sound!

charlottery Wed 26-Dec-12 13:14:45

They're both lovely names. Honor was on my list but was vetoed by dh - still love it

CoteDAzur Wed 26-Dec-12 13:38:34

Iris Honor, if you must.

Honor Iris has that "ruh ruh" repetition which is a bit annoying.

jinglebellyalltheway Wed 26-Dec-12 13:39:58

I think Honor Iris is best of the two if you must, just because Iris is so popular at the moment and honor is a wee bit less frilly

judefawley Wed 26-Dec-12 13:43:32

Both nice but Honor Iris is hard to say, 'onoriris'.

Not that you'd have to say them together that much..

lizzypuffs Wed 26-Dec-12 14:00:06

Honor Iris. I love the name - classy I think.

FaLaLaLaLauraPalmer Wed 26-Dec-12 14:11:40

I like Iris Honor - it flows better. It does sound like 'Irish Honour' (probably only because it has been put into my head through this thread), but honestly, how often will you actually be using her middle name in RL? She will most likely just be Iris [Surname] to the world.

telsa Wed 26-Dec-12 22:05:25

Honor Iris definitely, as Honor is much more. Iris Honor runs together too much and does sound like Irish honour

QuickLookBusy Wed 26-Dec-12 22:07:53

Iris Honor is lovely.

MarianForrester Wed 26-Dec-12 22:13:21

Iris Honor. Always shy away from consonant vowel starts in case makes silly initials if she changes her name if marries.

Plus Iris is a lovely name.

FreckledLeopard Wed 26-Dec-12 22:43:55

Honor Iris - I love the name Honor - classic, beautiful!

Iris Honor sounds like a girl with flowers on her.
Honor Iris is too staccato and sounds strange to say out loud.

Personally I'd pick the name you like best, name her that then find a new middle name.

RubyGrace17 Fri 28-Dec-12 11:32:38

I prefer Iris Honor. Iris was on my 'list' for each of my girls but DH isnt a fan. Having recently given birth to DD4, this was my last shot at convincing him!
I think it's beautiful smile

Ruby

No one knows anyone's middle names. As wolf said, just chose your favourite name!

sarahseashell Fri 28-Dec-12 18:56:03

I prefer iris honour - also honour iris initials spell hi (not that there's anything wrong with that grin)

OkayHazel Fri 28-Dec-12 23:15:43

Iris first! Honor is hideous.

zenoushka Thu 10-Jan-13 16:35:26

I love the name Iris. Not very keen on Honor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now