to have bought a duplicate of my living room rug to put in the cupboard?

(54 Posts)
Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 21:35:39

saw it reduced to half price today. the original is really grubby and the carpet cleaner isn't working. it's fine for every day use and the dcs to play/lie on but when i saw the sparkly new one today flaunting it's newness i knew i had to have it. but it's going to live in the cupboard under the stairs and only come out when i know i have people coming to the house.

Am I mad Being Unreasonable?

StuntGirl Thu 14-Feb-13 21:37:50

I would do that grin

StuntGirl Thu 14-Feb-13 21:38:13

Link to shiny new pretty rug?

blackeyedsusan Thu 14-Feb-13 21:44:18

no.

envy

half price

Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 21:45:53

oh that makes me feel better.

it's only a wee cheapy rug from poundstretcher. they haven't got it online. i'll try and upload a photo that hasn't got the dc's in it.

I like your style. A lot. grin Wish I could have duplicate if everything I own for best grin

DeafLeopard Thu 14-Feb-13 21:52:42

What an excellent idea

InkleWinkle Thu 14-Feb-13 21:53:35

I would definitely do that.
In fact, I wish I had!

HollyBerryBush Thu 14-Feb-13 21:54:16

Is this not normal??? [blush}

Habanada Thu 14-Feb-13 21:55:38

Great idea. I'd do that!

Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 21:57:25

ok, this will totally out me but pics on profile if you can see through the pets grin

it was a tenner so that's the only reason i can justify it. cheap and cheerful in this house!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 14-Feb-13 21:59:56

What a great idea!

You need to alter your settings though i can't get to your photos.

thekidsrule Thu 14-Feb-13 22:00:46

i have done similar with my breakfast bar stools

3 out,1 still in packaging for when one breaks etc

my thinking is they wont be around in ikea in a couple of years and one is bound to need replacing

yanbu

StuntGirl Thu 14-Feb-13 22:01:16

Ooh def not unreasonable then! I sometimes buy 'spares' of all sorts of things like shoes, bags, jewellery, etc if I really like one I have!

Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 22:09:45

should be able to see profile now smile

Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 22:12:11

oh stunt you have reminded me, i have 5 a few pairs of the same ugg style boots as i wear them as slippers in the winter and wash them every week. they're only £5 though so it's ok to have 5 a few pairs.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 14-Feb-13 22:15:45

I'm wondering now why I've never thought of doing this - it's genius!

Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 22:20:25

i think i've done it because i have finally accepted that i just cannot keep rugs looking new and clean. between the DCs and the pets over the past 7 years i have been through 2 carpet washers and umpteen rugs and none of them look clean after a couple of weeks. this one will be whipped out for visitors when i see them coming up the path and rolled away again as the front door closes. grin

i've also accepted that fitted carpets are grim and want to tear up the ancient stuff in my room and put down laminate.

ControlGeek Thu 14-Feb-13 22:22:55

I have done this with the bathroom mats. YANBU, just sensible!

Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 22:39:29

doesn't everyone do this with bathroom mats? i have 5 blush

i'm now wondering if i actually have been doing this with other things without realising it!

StuntGirl Thu 14-Feb-13 22:39:58

V. nice! I just told my partner and he said "Good idea. For that price I'd get 4 or 5 of them". I will remind him of this when we do up our living room grin

Flisspaps Thu 14-Feb-13 22:44:10

You're a fucking genius.

Booyhoo Thu 14-Feb-13 22:48:25

grin stunt

fliss i cant tell if that's sarcasm or genuine but i'm taking it as genuine. grin

ControlGeek Thu 14-Feb-13 22:48:40

5 bathroom mats booyhoo??? I honestly thought I had overdone things by having two, when I could just as easily have made done with folded towels while the one mat was in the wash blush

I also thought I had pushed the boat out by having three duvet covers per bed, mind (though only two bottow sheets and flat sheets per bed as they can be hot-washed).

I'm now thinking I need to up my game a little...

I do it with silver shoes.... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now