...to think my MIL is amazing?

(199 Posts)
victoriaplum01 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:28:55

There, I've said it. The woman is a saint. Am I the only person who has a lovely MIL?

germyrabbit Tue 04-Dec-12 21:29:41

er no but most people who have nice ones have no cause for complaint, hence no threads hmm

victoriaplum01 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:31:35

So that will be the end of that then?! wink

I have a lovely one. But she still drives me mad because she tries to be a good MIL.

Cant win grin

Mines fab too smile

tittytittyhanghang Tue 04-Dec-12 21:35:50

mines amazing too smile

ShiftyFades Tue 04-Dec-12 21:37:02

Mine is lovely, she's so much nicer and "normal" compared to my nutter of a mother. grin

Mine was lovely. She died a couple of years ago, only in her 50s. I miss her every day.

Me too shifty. My mum is difficult, to say the least. I feel sorry for DP!

thebody Tue 04-Dec-12 21:39:21

Mine was fantastic and I miss her loads. She died 6 weeks before my last dd was born and we named her in memory.

AnnaBegins Tue 04-Dec-12 21:39:47

Mine is amazing!! (And much better than my mum.)

milktraylady Tue 04-Dec-12 21:40:04

mine is lovely too! smile
mother is hard work tho hmm

My second MiL of three was, and is, lovely. If I could have picked and chosen I'd have kept her and just divorced her son, and my now DH would be her son so she could still be my MiL grin

Mine hates me. Lucky you for having a nice one.

AnyaKnowIt Tue 04-Dec-12 21:40:52

Mine is lovely only reason I'm with dp grin

victoriaplum01 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:42:19

Antoinette I am very sorry for your loss.

Everyone - I'm glad I'm not the only one out there! I've got some friends with some tales to tell, but tbh, half the time I think they are the ones being unreasonable, and their poor MILs don't stand a chance because the rules change so often!

My MIL really stepped up when I was expecting DD2 and she just keeps getting better and better. DD2 is 9mo and I'd have really struggled if she hadn't helped out in the early days.

MyLastDuchess Tue 04-Dec-12 21:43:36

Mine is wonderful. She has 3 sons (no daughters) who are all lovely men and has been present at the birth of both of my children. She is a lovely grandmother to all 5 of her grandkids and is good company to boot!

I love my MIL.

In fact I tell her she is the worst MIL as I can never join in any threads about how rubbish my MIL is.

redexpat Tue 04-Dec-12 21:46:25

Mine's wonderful.

Merrycuckingfistmas Tue 04-Dec-12 21:46:41

My mil is great!
She is too great though!
She is an amazing cook, she sews, knits, makes cards, and is just a general domestic goddess, while working full time.
She always thinks of the little things that I never would, like finding us cushion covers to match our bedroom.
She never judges, is always there when you need her and has helped me through some tough times with oh as she knows how difficult he can be.
My mum is great too, but no where near as Martha Stewart as mil.

Nanny0gg Tue 04-Dec-12 21:47:28

My son-in-law's MiL is fantastic!

grin

MrsMelons Tue 04-Dec-12 21:48:05

My MIL was lovely. She passed away last Christmas at 67, we miss her terribly!

My XMIL was the worst person I think I have ever met - if I had been on MN then I would have started many a thread!

Annunziata Tue 04-Dec-12 21:48:49

Mine is nuts and I still love her to bits.

victoriaplum01 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:49:32

Nanny0gg LOL. Is that like me saying "DH has a wonderful wife" ?!

My MIL is wonderful. She never judges, never imposes, and never criticises.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now