I need to buy a hamper online - please give me ideas?

(11 Posts)
Decemberinthesun Mon 10-Dec-12 03:53:29

We have decided to get PIL a hamper for Christmas. We need to buy it online as we live abroad. Can anyone give me some recommendations for a nice hamper? I've looked at the M&S ones, but was looking for something a bit different.

rowingdowntheriver Mon 10-Dec-12 06:05:20

We've received Fortnum & Masons hampers before and are always lovely to get. We've also sent them and they are not all necessarily as expensive as you may expect.

We have had a couple of issues with failed deliveries though which was a pain but that was a couple of years ago so they may be better now.

KiwiPanda Mon 10-Dec-12 06:08:31

Try loveyourlarder.com - they have lovely unusual ones (the Lottie Shaw one is amazing if they have sweet teeth... A sweet tooth sounds odd for two people?!) or Souschef do amazing ones with cool ingredients if they are foodie types

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Mon 10-Dec-12 06:11:33

waitrose direct have had some for 50% off this weekend so very good value, (haven't checked to see if the offers still on today)

Normally order from inverawe for beautiful smoked salmon hampers (they put lots of other stuff in too)

Taranta Mon 10-Dec-12 06:51:35

Biscuiteers do good hampers, and Highgrove do posh ones too.

gazzalw Mon 10-Dec-12 07:11:27

Hi we ordered a Christmas hamper from Waitrose which was a total bargain - 50% off making it £50 then another 25% off for being a MyWaitrose customer - so it only cost £37.50 and comes in a proper hamper.

We don't usually do hampers but decided that the sum of the parts bought separately (and they are all the type of things you do eat/drink at Christmas) meant it was a bargain and DW has hankered after a wicker hamper for ages!

They had a good range and some a lot grander than the one we ordered!

WholeLottaRosie Mon 10-Dec-12 10:42:10

John Lewis and Lakeland also do hampers.

I posted this last week too, i also ordered one from Waitrose for my Db & SIL, looks good and was well worth it with the discount!
Just hoping the delivery will go smoothly now...

MissCellania Mon 10-Dec-12 10:43:44

I use Virginia Hayward, they are really lovley hampers at a good price.

TunipTheVegedude Mon 10-Dec-12 10:44:52

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now